Inghams has just added some tempting new Lakes & Mountains holiday destinations for summer 2017
Given that our site is called the Holiday & Travel Directory, it’s hardly a surprise that we feature a lot of great holiday companies across our pages.
Our 12 Inghams holidays (count ’em!)
Our first Inghams holiday, to the beautiful French Alps, was back in 2001, since when we’ve holidayed with Inghams a further twelve times – we deserve a loyalty bonus! The Inghams brochure is always evolving, and we’ve been to some destinations that aren’t featured any more – like fascinating Montenegro – and been back to others, such as magical Lake Bled in Slovenia, time and time again.
Most recently, we’ve loved experiencing three of Ingham’s six Chalet Hotels – Chalet Hotel Sapinière in Chamonix, France, in 2013; Chalet Hotel Al Pigher in La Villa in the South Tyrol region of Italy, in 2014; and, just this year, the wonderful Chalet Hotel Montfort in the Austrian resort of Lech.
Inghams Chalet Hotels
Operated in-house by Inghams, the Chalet Hotels typically accommodate around 30 to 60 guests, so are perfect if you prefer a small, friendly, informal place to stay over a huge hotel where you can sometimes feel like one of many. Featuring a tempting ‘Half-Board Plus’ offer – including packed lunches, and superb five-course dinners with complimentary wine – our own experience is that the Chalet Hotels manage to combine wonderful hospitality with impressive value. By the end of a fortnight, both your fellow guests and the delightful staff feel like old friends.
We haven’t booked our 2017 hols yet, but it’s most likely a toss-up between a return (again) to Slovenia (where both Bled and Kranjska Gora are excellent resorts, with lots going on and excellent hiking nearby), or one of the two Chalet Hotels in Italy that we haven’t been to yet – the impressive-looking Chalet Hotel Galeazzi on the western shores of Lake Garda, or the Chalet Hotel Breithorn in the Alpine resort of Champoluc.
New destinations for summer 2017
Alternatively, could somewhere else in Italy – that’s not a Chalet Hotel – be on our radar for next year?
As ever, Inghams is tempting us with a few new destinations for summer 2017, all in Italy, as part of a Lakes & Mountains offer that now features over 100 European resorts, cities and tours. The new destinations include:
- Lazise – a charming historic town on the eastern shore of Lake Garda
- Como – a bustling historic city on the shore of picturesque Lake Como
- Venetian Riviera – a superb stretch of sandy coastline within easy reach of Venice
- Lake Levico – a peaceful Alpine lake (pictured above) known for its crystal-clear waters, and encircled by lush forests and a range of hiking and cycling trails.
Save with Inghams’ great deals
Depending on the Inghams holiday you choose, there are different deals available – look out for the options when you flick through the brochure or browse the website. Offers available on selected holidays include:
- Double Saver Plus gives you a saving of up to £100 per couple when you book by 31 January 2017 – including at Inghams’ Chalet Hotels
- Free €100 bar credit at any of the six Chalet Hotels, on bookings made by 31 January 2017 (and that’s on top of the complimentary wine that you get anyway)
- Free bike hire
- Superb discounts on lift passes and travel in resort
- A whole host of Inghams Plus offers, such as early-booking discounts or free packed lunches.
Inghams offers direct flights from 23 local UK airports (though the options obviously vary depending on where you’re flying to), and you can enjoy a seven-night holiday from just £418 per person*, including return flights, resort transfers and accommodation.
Last year, after a sherry or two, we sat down on Christmas Day afternoon and booked our holiday to Lech via the Inghams website. With the new destinations to allure us, plus that enticing bar credit offer at the Chalet Hotels, don’t bet against us doing the same again this year!
*All offers and prices are subject to availability and based on maximum occupancy. All prices are correct at the time of publication.