Get out and about this February half-term with English Heritage Membership
Here at the Holiday & Travel Directory, we’ve been members of English Heritage for just over a year now, and are enjoying the chance to visit – and revisit – as many of the charity’s historic places as we can.
Up here in the North East, we’re lucky to have some wonderful places to enjoy such as Belsay Hall, Castle and Gardens and Tynemouth Priory, but we’ve also used our membership as a good excuse to explore further afield – Carlisle Castle, for example, which we wrote about back in November.
Starting from just £43.50, and giving you unlimited access to over 400 historic sites across the country, you can read more about all the benefits of English Heritage membership in our Directory Listing here.
Get inspired this February half-term
If you haven’t joined English Heritage already, the upcoming February half-term could be just the motivation you need, with lots of family-friendly activities that will fire up your and your kids’ imagination, whatever the weather.
Whether you want to discover woodland trails, explore underground wartime tunnels, or scale the ramparts of vast castles – including our five favourites that we wrote about back in 2015 – English Heritage have activities planned to inspire children and keep them entertained.
We’ve picked five of our favourite events below, or take a look here for more ideas of what to do during February half-term.
- Chocks away at Stonehenge: Get up close to a replica WW1 bi-plane that’s coming to Stonehenge, discover if you’ve got what it takes to be a fighter pilot, and don’t miss the opportunity to take a seat inside the plane.
- Butler school at Belsay: Step back in time at Belsay Hall this half-term and learn what it takes to be a Victorian butler in a country house, with hands-on activities.
- Awesome archaeology at Kenilworth Castle: Meet English Heritage’s intrepid adventurers at Kenilworth Castle and see artefacts gathered from their digs around the world.
- Knights and princesses at Framlingham Castle: Polish your armour and dust off your tiara as you become a knight or princess for the day at Framlingham Castle.
- Victorian fun and games at Osborne House: Experience a range of fun games and pastimes played by children in Victorian England. Learn how the royal children would have lived and played at Osborne.
Get 15% off annual membership with our discount code
If we’ve piqued your interest in joining English Heritage, you can get 15 per cent off English Heritage annual and gift memberships when you order online using our special code EH2017.
This code is not valid on life memberships, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.